By Brian Poe
Lafayette, Indiana Feb 22, 2009 (UVC) Father David Hasser from St. Patrick’s Catholic Church of Kokomo is now celebrating the Traditional Latin Mass (extraordinary form) 5pm every fourth Sunday at St. Ann’s Church in Lafayette. Over 200 souls came Sunday afternoon to St. Ann’s Catholic Church to witness the return of the Latin Mass to Lafayette. Many worshippers found this Mass to be truly ‘extraordinary’ and are praying for the increased frequency of this Mass, hopefully every Sunday.
With the formation of St. Rita’s Latin Mass Community, Una Voce Lafayette’s Jeremy Sheiko, President and Mary Sheiko, Secretary have both worked extremely hard pulling the return of the Traditional Latin Mass together and is delighted everything went as planned. Mary is looking for members to participate in the Choir Schola, Servers, and Volunteers to help with the pitch-in dinners. Una Voce Lafayette is also accepting donations for particular items needed for the altar and the Mass itself. Please contact UnaVoceLafayetteIndiana@gmail.com if you can help support this much needed ministry.
Sunday Mass Schedule:
- February 22, 2009 at 5pm, Quinquagesima Sunday and St. Peter’s Chair in Antioch
- March 22, 2009 at 5pm, Laetare Sunday (Forth Sunday in Lent)
- April 26, 2009 at 5pm, Second Sunday after Easter
- May 24, 2009 at 5pm, Sunday after the Ascension
- June 28, 2009 at 5pm, Fourth Sunday after Pentecost
- July 26, 2009 at 5pm, Eighth Sunday after Pentecost
Filed under: Uncategorized |